Everyone loves a flight experience with zero troubles. If you are also looking for a travelling experience that is reliable, enjoyable, and comfortable, then you must choose no other flying option than Virgin Australia. The aviation sector has experienced many ups and downs over the years.
renowned name in the particular industry, Virgin Australia, has also dealt with a dynamic arena. Despite going through all that, it is now among the top three players in the Australian aviation industry. Read the following blog post to learn about the benefits, fare types, and other important things about Virgin Australia Airlines. Let us dive into the world of innovative players in the aviation industry:
Know about Virgin Australia Airlines
Virgin Australia, originally known as Virgin Blue, was launched on August 31, 2000, by British entrepreneur Richard Branson. As the airline’s first flight from Brisbane to Sydney took off, an era of change in Australian aviation began. The first flight was flown in 2002. Virgin Australia started its customer-centric approach to provide them with high-quality services.
In addition, the aviation sector was heavily regulated, which made it challenging for newcomers to establish themselves. However, Virgin Australia’s distinctive selling points, like reduced prices and superior in-flight service, quickly found favor with passengers. At the present time, it is an innovative and leading airline company offering the best possible services to its passengers.
Expansions and Innovations
It is interesting to know how the company made its expansions. The strategies that they opted for helped a lot in the expansion of Virgin Australia Airlines. Here are some of the amazing features and services that set them apart from their contenders:
- Velocity Frequent Flyer Program: Virgin Australia introduced its loyalty program, Velocity, in 2005. This program rewarded frequent travelers with points that could be redeemed for flights, upgrades, and other benefits.
- Business Class: To cater to business travellers, Virgin Australia introduced a Business Class cabin, providing a luxurious and comfortable flying experience.
- Alliance Partnerships: They tend to establish strong partnerships with many international airlines, including Singapore Airlines, Etihad Airways, and Delta Airlines. In this way, the reach to wider customers increased, and they also came up with more travel options.
- International Expansion: Virgin Australia expanded its reach by launching international flights, connecting Australia to destinations in the United States, Asia, and the Pacific.
Amazing Perks to Enjoy with Virgin Australia
You can travel to almost 85 destinations with extreme convenience and comfort. Here are the reasons and perks why people from worldwide choose the promising service of Virgin Australia.
- In-flight Entertainment: Virgin Australia provides passengers with a wide range of entertainment alternatives so that they can enjoy their flights to the fullest. Every passenger has access to entertainment options on every flight, such as movies, TV shows, music, and games. Additionally, there are shared displays located around the cabin that play programming from their collection of in-flight entertainment alternatives if you choose not to use your own smartphone or laptop to watch something.
- Competitive Fares: The fact that Virgin Australia has affordable fares is one of the main benefits of using their service. This indicates that while booking with this airline, you can frequently get excellent airfare prices. Additionally, they provide promotions like point bonuses and discounts for making early or promotional bookings. Additionally, you can save even more when buying flights through Virgin Australia when you are a regular traveler or a member of the Velocity Frequent Flyer Loyalty Program.
- Convenient and Comfortable: Virgin Australia takes great pride in providing its customers with first-rate comfort and convenience. When you make a reservation with Virgin Australia, you will receive modern facilities like personal TVs and comfy seating in well-maintained aircraft. Additionally, you can benefit from extras like early arrival and access to the lounge if you have upgraded to either business or first class. In addition, the frequent travel program allows their passengers to avail themselves of even greater benefits in the long run.
- Flexibility: The most appreciable benefit that you will get when traveling through Virgin Australia Airways is the flexibility of choosing or switching flights. In case, you decide to make any customizations or changes in the date of traveling or the destination, then they will help you to do that without charging any additional fees. This is uncertainly sometimes not possible with many other airlines at the last moment.
- Customer Service: From boarding the flight to reaching your desired destination, they provide you with excellent customer service. The personnel is friendly, helpful, and always willing to assist and answer the passengers’ questions. Apart from that, you can book the tickets through the online booking site which again not lets you wait in the long lines of the airport. If you find any issue throughout the procedure then also you can contact customer service for help at any time.
Know about the different fare types
No one will ever like to pay for the services that they are not using. This is so true when it comes to airways. Often people choose the wrong services and travelling class for themselves due to uncertain reasons. Virgin Australia offers you four types of fares to choose from. Here are mentioned all of them that you might choose according to your needs and requirements.
- Lite: When you are choosing the Lite fare, you will get complimentary coffee, tea, and water. Also, food and desired drinks can be chosen on board. Checked luggage and seat preference are not included in this basic ticket class but can be purchased separately. Passengers are ineligible to submit a request for a seat upgrade to the first class on an ‘UpgradeMe’ ticket when purchasing a Lite ticket.
- Business: The only fare category that offers food onboard is the business fare type. There are two 32 kg checked items in addition to a 14 kg carry-on, which is substantially more than the baggage allowances for other classes. Business class customers also have priority boarding, check-in, and luggage drop when available, as well as entrance to the exclusive Virgin Australia Lounge. Business travelers benefit from mobility with no-fee flight changes, just like Flex customers.
- Choice: When you choose Choice Ticket, you are also free to choose your desired seat and can take 23 kg of checked luggage. You become eligible to reschedule your flights in case of any change in plans. This can be done before 14 days of the time of your flight.
- Flex: In addition to the benefits of Choice tickets, Flex fares allow you to change your flight without paying a cost up until the moment of departure. Additionally open to passengers is UpgradeMe.
Travel destinations with Virgin Australia
Virgin Australia makes you travel to the most fascinating locations from all over the world, from dynamic cityscapes to spectacular natural wonders. You may also discover treasures that are off the beaten road, relax on wonderful beaches, and visit famous cities.
No matter where your ambitions take you, Virgin Australia is your ticket to amazing adventures. Start here by exploring a few of those places, then immediately begin your travel arrangements.
- Gold Coast
FAQs: Virgin Australia
Ques. What is the baggage allowance at Virgin Australia Airlines?
Ans. The baggage allowance will completely depend on the destination, routes, and type of fare you are choosing. However, it is suggested that you visit the official site to know the exact quantity of baggage that you can carry with you.
Ques. How to book a flight with Virgin Australia?
Ans. Through the airline’s official site, smartphone application, or by getting in touch with customer support, Virgin Australia Airlines accepts reservations. Additionally, you can make reservations on independent websites or through travel companies that offer the facility to book tickets for any airline company.
Ques. What is Velocity Frequent Flyer and how it works?
Ans. Virgin Australia’s frequent flyer program is called Velocity. Flying with Virgin Australia and its affiliates awards members with points that can be exchanged for flights, upgrades, and a variety of other benefits.
Ques. What can I do if my flight gets canceled or delayed?
Ans. If the flights get canceled or delayed then Virgin Australia offers you the policy of rebooking the tickets for the next flight that will be available. In case, rebooking is not possible then they will provide you compensation. You can visit Virgin Australia’s official website for additional details.
For passengers who are looking for an easy, comfortable, and convenient option of airlines to travel to some of the most wonderful destinations in the world, Virgin Australia is an excellent choice. It comes with a number of modern services and on-board amenities.
The list includes everything from entertainment options to convenient seating. You just need to book your flight tickets and rest assured that they will be helping and providing you with the best possible service. Moreover., if you are a business traveler then you are not going to get any better return on your money.