How To Peel Garlic 4 Different Ways
Learn How To Peel Garlic 4 Different Ways? Read to know more. Which method do you opt for peeling the garlic? Is it very daunting or are you looking for an easier method? Well, peeling garlic is no big task and you can do it using your hands very easily. Moreover, it can be done even more easily and conveniently using plenty of gadgets. This will also not cause any mess.
As garlic is an important component in many dishes, simple methods are required to peel them for saving time and mess. Here are four different methods for quickly peeling garlic bulbs. Before that, let us know about it and what things you should keep in mind while choosing garlic.
Also Read: Is Cocoa Butter Vegan?
What Is Garlic?
As a member of the lily family along with an allium variety, garlic is associated with onions, shallots, and chives. It originates underground as a garlic bulb, also known as a head, that is divided into small pieces called cloves. Thin, papery coverings of unusable skin wrap around the whole cap and the cloves themselves.
From a culinary perspective, garlic can greatly enhance the flavor of both meat and vegetables. It’s common in savory foods and spices like garlic sauce and garlicky mash. Garlic cloves must be peeled before eating, although large heads of garlic might be roasted without removing their papery covers.
How To Choose The Best Garlic
Choosing the right garlic is very essential as bad garlic can reduce the taste of the dishes you are preparing. Pick cloves that are fairly hefty, supple, and skin-free. Avoid picking garlic with damaged skin or dark, moist patches. Even though sprouts may not always be dangerous, their presence is a good sign of whether the garlic is fresh or not. Also, remember that garlic must not be put with other food products as they can absorb its odor.
Also Read: Reliable Keyzmo Reviews
Four Ways To Peel Garlic
- Method of Press and Peel: This is the most traditional method that has been followed for the past hundred years. This method involves placing a garlic clove under the flat side of any wide knife and then applying gentle pressure until you do not hear a crack. This will loosen the peel, allowing you to easily remove it with your hands.
- Shaking Method: Another approach is the shake-in-a-jar technique. Place the cloves in a small jar, after that close the lid tightly. You will need to shake it vigorously for a few seconds. The movement and friction will cause the cloves to come out peeled and becomes ready to use.
- Microwave Method: For a quick and efficient option, you can make use of the microwave trick. Microwave the garlic cloves on high for about 15 seconds. The heat will make the cloves expand slightly and the peel should come off more easily.
- Boiling Water Method: The boiling water method involves separating the garlic cloves, blanching them in boiling water for fifteen to twenty minutes. Then, quickly transfer the garlic into the ice water. The temperature change loosens the peels, making them easy to be removed by gently squeezing the cloves. This quick technique yields peeled garlic ready for cooking.
How To Store It?
If you want to store garlic that is unpeeled, then it is advised to keep them in a place free from humidity and moisture. It should also be dark and dry. Nevertheless, your refrigerator will be the best place to store peeled garlic.
Assure that the container is air-tight and no air passes through it or else garlic will lose its texture even faster. Even though it is kept in the fridge, it can start losing its pungent texture and structure. It is recommended that you utilize them within one week.
Garlic is very beneficial for health. It is an important constituent for treating many health-related issues for ages. Let us look at some of these advantages.
- Boosts Cardiac Health: Garlic is thought to promote cardiac health by potentially lowering blood pressure, reducing cholesterol levels, and offering anti-inflammatory benefits. It is advisable that medical guidance and consultation should be made before adding garlic supplements to your diet.
- Improves Immunity: It is believed to enhance your immunity due to the anti-microbial and immunity-booster properties. There is a compound in garlic which is called allicin, it is efficient in combating infections and diseases. Get a healthcare consultation before relying on garlic as an alternative to an immunity booster.
- Helps in Weight Loss: Garlic can help you lose weight in a variety of ways. It will aid to increase metabolism, which will result in higher calorie burning. As the components present in garlic can regulate sugar levels and will also reduce cravings and overeating. Its natural flavor can also improve the flavor of healthful dishes, making them more filling.
- Suitable for Brain Functioning: Garlic, a potent herb known for its pungent flavor and aroma, has been associated with various health benefits, including brain function and heart health. Studies suggest that garlic contains compounds like allicin, which may improve cognitive function by promoting blood flow to the brain, enhancing memory, and protecting against age-related neurodegenerative conditions.
- Eliminated Heart Blockages: Garlic has been linked to reducing cholesterol levels, preventing the formation of arterial plaques, and improving blood circulation, which can contribute to eliminating heart blockages and reducing the risk of cardiovascular diseases. Garlic in a balanced diet may provide vital support for both brain function and heart health.
FAQs: How To Peel Garlic 4 Different Ways
Q1. Will These Methods Actually Work?
Ans. Yes, all these methods are tried and experimented with prior to being suggested. It will depend on you which of the above-mentioned methods you find to be more helpful and easier.
Q2. Can I Keep The Peeled Garlic In Refrigerators?
Ans. Yes, it is possible that the peeled garlic is kept in the refrigerator. Garlic can remain fresh and can be consumed for several days if stored in the refrigerator. All you have to do is use an airtight container for this purpose.
Q3. How To Remove The Smell Of Garlic From Your Hands?
Ans. Garlic odor can be removed from hands most effectively by washing them well in water and soap, applying citrus juice, and then rinsing with clean water. The pungent components in the garlic will be neutralized by the citrus acid present in the lemon. You can also take the help of baking soda for this purpose.
Peeling garlic can be made easier and more efficient with the use of four different methods. Each technique offers its own advantages and may be preferred based on personal preference, the quantity of garlic being peeled, or the tools available.
The choice of method will depend on individual preferences and the amount of garlic present. Experimenting with these techniques will help you find the most suitable and time-saving way to peel garlic in your cooking endeavors. Happy cooking!