Camellia Oil for Skin
Nowadays essential oils are being used rapidly for skincare. People are becoming aware of skin care and investing in truly effective products. One such product is Camellia oil, which has been used by the Japanese for a long time to enhance beauty.
Extracted from the seeds of Camellia Oleifera, the Camellia oil has a lot of exceptional skin care properties. The oil is enriched with healthy fatty acids and antioxidants which help to deal with anti-aging and make skin glowy.
So if you want to know more about how you can use camellia oil for skin treatment, the benefits of Camellia Oil, and whether it’s safe to use, you should definitely give this article a read.
What Is Camellia Oil?
Camellia Oil is derived from Camellia Oleifera and Camellia Japonica plant seed. To extract Camellia Oil, these seeds undergo a cold-pressing process. The Japanese are using it for a long time as a secret beauty product. Camellia Oil is full of fatty acids (oleic acid, palmitic acid, etc.) and Antioxidants that deeply nourish skin and hair.
It reduces the signs of anti-aging (wrinkles, fine lines) and heals your dry, rough skin. Its unique skin care properties have made it one of the most demanding essential oils of modern times.
What Are The Benefits Of Camellia Oil For Skin?
Camellia Oil has a few unique properties to nourish our skin and make it look healthier. Have a look to learn about the benefits.
Hydration Properties: Camellia Oil has amazing moisturizing properties. The fatty acids present in the oil help in skin hydration by reducing transdermal water loss. It’s also lightweight so gets absorbed quite quickly by your skin. It gives skin a soft smooth hydrated look without making skin oily.
Protection Against Free Radicals: As already mentioned before, Camellia Oil is enriched with antioxidants. The antioxidants act as a shield against free radicals and other harmful environmental substances including ultraviolet rays.
Anti-aging Properties: Camellia oil has impressive anti-aging properties. It stimulates the type I skin collagen to make your skin firmer. By promoting collagen production, camellia oil helps prevent the formation of new wrinkles and smoothes existing fine lines, making it look youthful.
Anti Inflammatory Properties: Camellia Oil works well against skin inflammation. That means with consistent uses it can reduce skin itching, redness, and bumpy texture. As a result your overall skin texture gets improved and gives you a healthy, radiant look.
How Can I Use Camellia Oil For Skin?
1. Pure Camellia Oil:
- Take 3-4 drops of Camellia Oil and apply on your cleansed face.
- Massage gently until it gets absorbed by your skin.
- You should use it at night before sleeping as it has the least chance of getting exposed to dust at that time.
2. Camellia Oil and Aloe Vera Gel:
You can use Camellia Oil mixed with Aloe Vera. Aloe Vera Gel has great medicinal properties.
- Take 1 or 2 tbsp of Aloe vera gel and add 4-5 drops of Camellia Oil in it.
- Apply the gel on a clean face and gently massage it until it’s absorbed by your skin.
- Use it at bedtime and wash your face with a mild cleanser in the morning.
3. Camellia Oil and Rose Water Toner:
If you use rose water as a toner you can mix Camellia Oil into it to get a glowy look.
- In a clean spray bottle take 20 ml. of rose water (or more) and add 5-7 drops of Camellia Oil in it.
- Shake it well so that the liquids get combined well.
- Spray it on a clean face whenever you need to use the toner.
4. Camellia Oil and Vitamin E Capsule:
This is suitable for people who have dry skin. Using this oil once or twice in a skin will keep your skin hydrated.
- Mix the derived Vitamin E oil and 2 drops of Camellia Oil in a clean bowl.
- Apply it on your face at nighttime and gently massage the oil to get it absorbed.
- wait for 10 minutes. (Approx).
- Use lukewarm water to clean your face and pat it dry with a microfibre towel afterward.
5. Camellia Oil and Milk:
- Mix 2 tbsp of milk with 2 drops of Camellia Oil.
- Apply it after cleansing your face and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse with cold water afterward.
6. Camellia Oil and Multani Mitti (Fuller’s Earth):
You need to apply this pack only once in a week.
- Take 2 tbsp of Fuller’s Earth and add 2-3 drops of Camellia Oil into it. (You can add aloe vera gel too).
- Apply the pack to your face and wait for 10-15 minutes.
- Afterward,wash your face with normal water and pat it dry.
This pack is perfect to get an instant radiant glow .
7. Camellia Oil in Foundation:
You can add 2-3 drops of Camellia Oil with your foundation too.
- Take the amount of foundation needed and add 2-3 drops of Camellia Oil to it.
- Apply it on your face and set it with compact powder and setting spray.
Adding Camellia Oil to your foundation will give you a dewy radiant look instantly and it will stay intact for longer.
You can also add Camellia Oil to your leave-on hair serum or body moisturizer to nourish your skin and hair.
Is Camellia Oil Safe To Use?
Camellia Oil is generally safe to use. But remember it’s for external use only. If by chance, your eyes or lips come in contact with the Camellia Oil, rinse it immediately. If you still feel any burning sensation, consult a doctor without delay.
People who have cystic acne, dyshidrotic eczema, rosacea, psoriasis, and any other fungal infections should restrain themselves from using raw Camellia Oil. If your skin is very sensitive or you have other skin related issues, make sure to consult your dermatologist before using Camellia Oil.
It’s always better to do a patch test just to make sure you aren’t intolerant to Camellia Oil. If you notice any skin irritation, itching, redness, or burning sensation, don’t use the product.
So let’s take a glance at everything we have known so far about Camellia Oil.
1. Camellia Oil has been used for its amazing skincare properties.
2. It’s full of fatty acids and antioxidants.
3. Camellia Oil deeply hydrates our skin. It has anti-aging properties and protects our skin from free radicals and cures inflammation.
4. You can use pure camellia oil or mix it with aloe vera gel/rose water/milk/vitamin E capsule/ or Fuller’s Earth ( Multani mitti) to enhance its benefits.
5. Camellia Oil is generally safe to use but if you have psoriasis, dyshidrotic eczema, rosacea, or cystic acne_ you shouldn’t use Camellia Oil before consulting a dermatologist.
After 20, you can add Camellia Oil to your skincare regime. Camellia Oil is non-comedogenic and is gentle on your skin. With consistent use, you can get a soft, smooth texture and a radiant glow. So without any worry start using Camellia Oil for skin today, if you haven’t already.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Hair Breakage
Frequently Asked Questions About Camellia Oil For Skincare
What are the benefits of Camellia Oil for the skin?
Camellia Oil hydrates your skin deeply. It has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties. It is gentle on your skin. Gets absorbed faster and leaves a smooth glowy look.
How can I use Camellia Oil for my skin?
You can add aloe vera gel, vitamin E capsule, rose water, milk, and Fuller’s Earth to enhance its benefits.
Is Camellia Oil safe to use?
Camellia Oil is non-comedogenic and it’s generally safe to use. But if you have cystic acne, psoriasis, dyshidrotic eczema, Rosacea, or other skin-related issues, Don’t use Camellia Oil without consulting a dermatologist.